Online car-selling platform cinch analysed the size of shopping centres, parking fees, the number of stores and restaurants, and the number of parking spaces for the new study.
With over 13,000 parking spaces, and over 200 stores and restaurants, as well as free parking, Bluewater was ranked as the nation’s favourite shopping centre.
Two other London locations were also ranked in the top ten – Westfield London in Shepherd’s Bush at number seven, and Westfield Stratford City at number eight.
Here’s the full list:
Bluewater (Greenhithe, Kent)
- Meadowhall (Sheffield)
- Metrocentre (Gateshead, Tyne and Wear)
- Lakeside Shopping Centre (Thurrock, Essex)
- Trafford Centre (Trafford, Greater Manchester)
- Merry Hill (Dudley, West Midlands)
- Westfield London (Shepherd’s Bush, London)
- Westfield Stratford City (Stratford, London)
- Braehead (Renfrew, Renfrewshire)
- centre:mk (Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire)
According to data, Bluewater was also ranked as the UK’s shopping centre with the most parking spaces available, with a total capacity to accommodate 13,000 vehicles in its car park, along with free parking available for visitors.
Sam Sheehan, motoring editor at cinch, said: “To crown this year’s best shopping centre, we analysed the 20 largest across the country.
“Based on our findings, the ideal shopping centre for your Christmas wish list is Bluewater, located in the small Kent village of Greenhithe.
“Bluewater hosts an impressive 13,000 parking spaces, making it the country’s shopping centre with the most generous car park.
“No matter how packed it gets, you’ll always find a free parking spot for your diesel or electric car.”